Importance of Glass Balustrade in Our Lives
Balustrades or railings offer edge guard to those places that are prone to falling. It can be installed anywhere in the lining of a terrace, balcony, staircase, etc. where protection is required. Balustrades can be of made of different materials like glass, stainless steel, wood, etc. Glass brings a luxury touch to your home. Nowadays, superior quality glass balustrade is commonly used in balconies, decks, porches and patios. There are many reasons of using glass railings at home. They not only provide and the stately sophistication which can merge with any exterior style, but also, they do not require any repair or extra maintenance. There are different types of glass railings which have their own weaknesses and strengths.
- Framed glass railings – This type of glass railing is very common because they offer safety and luxury both. They come with a clear glass panel that is held in one place by a frame. The frames can be of various types’ such as aluminum, metallic, etc. They are secured to concrete surfaces as well as wooden decks. These railings are also used in surrounding pools so that you can get a clear vies along with safety. They can be great for stairs where people can place their hands along the top rail for support.
- Deck glass railings – Glass railing are perfect for your balcony or deck. They have a lot of benefits. An occasional cleaning is enough for them to last for years. They are very safe because they do not rot or deteriorate. They do not interrupt the views and lights.
- Frameless glass railings – If you want to create a stunning look to your house then this is the best option for you. They come with glass system without a bordering frame allowing unhindered views. So, this type of railings has become leading choice for rooftop terraces, decks and balconies nowadays.
Advantages of glass railings
Nowadays glass is a preferred material for balustrade than metal and wood. Glass balustrade is very attractive, safe and eco-friendly. It is a unique type of fencing. You will get varieties of designs such as curved, semi framed, textured, framed, or fully framed.
- The reason behind the popularity of this type of balustrade is that they do not obstruct light. Many people prefer to see through glass through which light can easily pass.
- This type of balustrade is very easy to clean. Any eco-friendly detergents can be used for cleaning.
- Some homeowners are biased against glass because they think that it causes injuries when it gets broken. But it is not true. Glass railings are more durable and sturdy than metallic or wooden balustrades because they are made up of thick and firm tempered safety glass. This type of glass can only break under harsh conditions, so it is safe to install in your house.
- Glass can easily blend with any types of materials. You will get a huge variety of glass railings in the market. They go well with old and modern both types of homes.
Different types of glass that are used as balustrades
Float glass, which is basically a flat glass is processed to go with several different necessities and applications. With the help of modern technologies, customers get confused to get different types of glasses from the glass industries. There are four different types of glasses that can be used in a variety of commercial and residential balustrade applications, they are:
- Heat strengthened glass
- Annealed glass
- Laminated glass
- Tempered or toughened glass
You will get a lot of different inter layers available in the market that apply different highly developed technologies to the glasses that are used for glass balustrade. These inter layers are used to improve the strength of the glass panels where high loading is required. For decorative purpose you can use colored inter layers. If required other properties like sound dampening and fire resistance can also be included into these inter layers.
2013 © YourAmazingPlaces.com
Back to Top ↑