Why Laminate Floors Are The Right Kind Of Flooring For Your Kitchen
Selecting the laminate flooring for your kitchen is a wise thing because you will get a natural look without spending a lot. You can use the flooring method to copy other different options, which you know out there.
The below are reasons, which make laminate flooring suitable for kitchens.
1. The designs are limitless
There are so many designs that you can choose from. You can dream about the design and the next morning you create it. If you have the desire of changing the current design in your kitchen, then laminate flooring is perfect for you.
The following are some of the designs, which you may consider for your cooking area.
- Architectural remnant design – Homeowners and well-informed designers are trying their best to scoop the designs in salvage centers and antique shops. The design has groove edges, which fit together.
- Rustics premium designs – In case you need a durable and beautiful design, then this style can be perfect for you. It has the contoured surface, which makes it comfortable.
- Coastal living collection – It is the laminate flooring, which looks aged and weathered at the sun horizon, wind, and sea. You can use the design when building a country cottage or beach home.
2. The flooring is affordable
Having a good-looking kitchenette may be the magnum opus in your house. When people are hindered from choosing the best flooring by the price factor, your choice of installing a laminate flooring will not be affected at any point. If you cannot afford to purchase marble or pine floors does not indicate that you will not attain the same goal with laminate floors. It will only cost you around $3 per square, which can be affordable to most individuals out there.
The cost of this flooring depends on the following factors.
- A place where you intend to purchase the floor material matters a lot. You can purchase the flooring in various home renovation stores or order it online. Online buying guarantees you that you will save extra money because you can choose what you find affordable.
- The design of your laminate. The costs vary depending on the designs. Some of them are expensive while others have a cheap price.
- The flooring quality. High-quality flooring is expensive, while the low-quality floor is cheap.
- The space you intend to cover. If you want to cover a large space, then it means you will need more laminate flooring materials. For this reason, it will cost you extra cash compared to when you need to cover a small space.
- The sales, delivery and shipping taxes can affect the price of the flooring. If the taxes are high, then the deliverer will charge you extra money to cover the expenses.
3. The value of your home will be increased
Most professionals will agree that one way of adding value to your house is working on the kitchen design. You can always attain this goal by using this flooring. The tricks will work for both existing and new kitchenette. The method is simple, and you will not spend a lot of money to fund the project. In case, you will sell your home in the future most buyers will be more than willing to bid high for the thoughtful upgrades in your kitchenette. Your house will also sell faster compared to other homes, which do not have laminate flooring.
4. The flooring is resistant to water
The flooring can withstand not only water but also stains. The sun does not easily affect it and provided you will always clean up the spills, the flooring will service you for a long time. The reason why the floor is used in kitchenettes is that the area is prone to stains and water. However, when it comes to water, you will need to try all ways possible to decrease the soaking. This can bring more harm than good.
As long as you will put the following precautions into consideration, then you will have a nice time using this flooring.
- When building, the underlayment edges should be high – Make sure you fold the underlayment edges against your walls.
- Wait patiently – Give it enough time to dry up before you use your kitchenette.
- Add the wall molding in case you find it necessary – Apply the molding at the base of your sink and remember to top it up with the silicone caulk.
- Consider the glue joints – Apply the glue around the kitchen’s plank, but avoid flexing the joints during the application of glue.
5. It is easy when it comes to maintenance and cleaning
Cleaning and maintaining the flooring is quite simple. The routine sweeping and vacuuming will always keep the floors in perfect state. You may use non-abrasive and normal cleaners to have a deep cleaning. If something spills on the floor, make sure you clean it up as fast as possible.
The below are ways you can use to maintain and clean your flooring.
- Use cleaning solutions – Mixing water and vinegar will surely assist you to clean up your floor easily. You can buy the spray bottle and use the solution to spill on the flooring. From there, you can mop the flooring using a microfiber. In case, you are allergic to vinegar you may consider adding essential oil, which has a eucalyptus or lemon scent.
- Special chemicals for a lousy mess – If you spilled your nail or shoe polish, do not run for abrasive cleaners such as scouring pad or Comet; they will leave a scratch to the floor. You should instead consider using some non-acetone polish remover. The chemical will clean it properly.
6. Easy to install
People are into laminate flooring because they are simple when it comes to the installation process. You can always set up the laminate with different types of subfloors. That is the reason why most people prefer the flooring in the kitchens. The installation process will not even take you the whole of the afternoon. Laminate Floors UK at Wood Floor warehouse can be suitable, especially if you want to carry out the installation process without an expert’s help.
Once you decide to install the floor, the following tips can guide you through.
- Evaluate the size of the room you want to cover. During this time, make sure you know whether the walls are parallel or not. Otherwise, after the installation, you will realize that you have some sides, which are wider than others; unless you intend to cover the sides with your furniture so that the rows cannot be seen.
- When carrying out the installation process, make sure you safeguard your knees. Hard kneel pads will help you to protect the body part. Do not use the pads, which are used during landscaping and roofing process; they will not work on you. Since laminate flooring is hard, you will need a pad, which has soft rubber, cloth, and foam material. Gel pads are suitable since the gel will assist you to distribute the required weight.
- Know the kind of tape, which you should put into use. The underlayment edges should be taped down. It may be tempting to use regular tapes that you can find in a nearby store, but do not allow yourself to fall into the temptation. House wrap and packing tapes are very rigid, and this may annoy you, especially when the tapes are stepped on. Consider some recommendations from the professional or purchase the underlayment, which is attached with seam tape.
- Begin with the subfloor, which is smooth. Uneven surfaces may not be suitable when it comes to the installation of the laminate floor. Before you start the project, make sure you first examine your subfloor. Carefully observe the places, which are above 1/8 inch. If you have an old kitchen, it will be best to avoid floor compounds, which are self-leveling.
- Make use of the laminate floor when cutting the floor. The process can be dusty and noisy. Make sure you avoid walking back and forward because the shear will not work effectively.
- Start the installation on your kitchen walls. Starting the installation around the doorways may be challenging. If you want to ease the process, make sure you begin with your walls. You will certainly need to trim and undercut jambs, but it may be simple when starting at the door point.
- Deal with the first row professionally. It can be tempting to look for straightest and longest walls so that you may slap down the planks. You will only have the problem when you reach to the opposite walls. This will be challenging to install, and once it is connected, it may look bad. Always plan well by snapping four to five pieces and put them against the wall. Walk across the kitchen so that you can evaluate how wide the row will look like and which row you can start with.
- Use the tapping block. During this time, make sure you are careful so that you may avoid tampering with the brand new floors.
- Snap the rows at once. The rule of installing your flooring is to make sure the rows are snapped consecutively. Some floors are challenging to set them up this way because the planks may be subjected to damage. In case you have some issues, snap the ends of the rows, it will work well.
- Use the transition strips. In case you are setting up the flooring, which goes all the way to the door, it will be best to leave a gap so that you can allow transition between rows. Make sure you set the gaps under the doors so that the transition can make a lot of sense. This will always allow you to have great flexibility when it comes to the layout.
- Know how to end the installation diligently. There is no way you can avoid ending the process right at the doorway. It is a tricky procedure because you will need to place the floor under the jambs.
7. The flooring has a warranty
The warranty is provided on many laminate floors. It safeguards the buyers from the manufacturers, who are not genuine. With the legal documents, it can be challenging to understand how the warranty works.
The good news is that the below details will help you to understand more about the warranty
- Most warranties range from 5 years to lifetime.
- If you notice the flooring has been damaged before, during, and after the installation, the manufacturer should be ready to replace the defective planks. The manufacturer will not take the responsibilities of the installation and labor costs. Before you start the installation process, it may be prudent to go through the instructions indicated in the installation manual. Mis-installation and mishandling will not be taken care of by the manufacturer. You need to use the necessary tools so that the installation can be effective.
8. It is hypoallergenic and eco-friendly
It is not easy to deal with the allergy conditions, especially when specks of dust and other allergens are all over. Instead of using an inhaler all the time, you can consider installing laminate flooring because it is hypoallergenic. Some laminate floors have various layers, which are compressed together in the presence of high temperature to form a material, which can protect you from allergens. When you are searching for the floor to install in your kitchen, make sure you get a piece of advice from an expert regarding what kind of laminate materials to choose from.When selecting the floor for your kitchen, it may be important to go for something, which will be suitable for the environment. The best thing about laminate floors is that they do not have harsh chemicals and they are usually made of sustainable materials.
Most people disregard the importance of flooring their kitchenettes, but the matter of fact is that the selection requires serious thought. With the above benefits of considering laminate flooring, there is no doubt that you will consider it in your kitchenette. The floor may look like the hardwood, but there is an absolute difference. The advantages surpass the disadvantages. It will be wise if you can consider the flooring material at the end of the day.
2013 © YourAmazingPlaces.com
Back to Top ↑