A security gate is used when an owner tries to secure the place and wishes to control the overall access to space. There are various kinds of gates in the market and so you need to choose a suitable type of gate. You may get in touch with an expert who has knowledge about security gates or the type of barrier which can meet the security needs. An automatic gate is a gate to be used in a secure place where vehicles leave and enter the place. It uses electronic gate control mechanism for the opening and closing of the door. There are various kinds of security gates like slide gate, swing gate, barrier arm gates, pivot gate, cantilever gate, lift gate, folding gate. Each kind of gate is meant for different places and has its own features. You can follow certain tips to choosing security gates.
Where to use a security gate?
A security gate may be used in any facility where security is of prime importance. You will find its usage in public car park areas, private parking spaces. Some of the typical places to install security gates are the entrances to the office and factory, at the car park area of the staff, loading and unloading area. Security gates have a profound importance in areas that need high security. The different kinds of security gates employ different control systems and operations.
How to choose a perfect security, gate?
Before you consider any installation of the security gate, you toned to make the safety considerations to avoid potential injuries and property damage. Various things need to be considered when choosing security gates. Following are the important things to consider:
- Consider the opening width of the place to choose a suitable gate. It will help you determine the kind of automatic gate you should choose. Although the opening width can move beyond 25 meters anything above 10 meters width will be costly
- Consider the space available on each side of the entrance before buying any gate. If space is premium, you may have limited options in the automatic gate.
- You will also need to think about the frequency of opening and closing of the gate. If the gate is meant for residential purpose, it cannot be used for a commercial or industrial site
- Consider the height and width of the gate. The weight of the gate will affect the control system which is required. Well, when it comes to the weight, the material determines the weight. Steel gates have more weight than the aluminum ones.
- The opening speed must also be taken into consideration. A slow opening gate is just perfect for the residential environment. The size, the weight, and the height actually determines the speed at which the gate will open
- The gate needs to be designed in a special manner to facilitate automatic operation. The construction of the gate can make a huge difference to the reliability and performance of the gate.
- Where will be the gate be installed is a major consideration. If the gate is for residential purpose, more security features will be needed. If it has to be used on the level ground, you will need the gate to have more features. Then, places experiencing too much heat or cold weather must use special kind of security gate.
Choosing the automatic gate is not that easy as you have a lot many options. Apart from this, automatic security gates need regular maintenance. It is best to take the advice of an engineer before you consider any gate.
About the Writer
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosophers, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Facebook and on Twitter as @aussiesmag.