Tasmania is an island nation located 240 km south of Australia that’s surrounded by hills, beaches, forests, and mountains. The diverse landscape of the island is a feast for the eyes, offering something for everyone – from the serene to the wild.
Tasmania is one of Australia’s most spectacular natural wonders. One of the best things about touring Tasmania is that you’re sure to enjoy it all in the company of friends and loved ones. Following are four tips that will help you have a memorable visit to Tasmania.
Getting Around And Staying In Tasmania
A popular way to enjoy a holiday in Tasmania is by car hire. A vehicle rental in Tasmania lets you explore the region in comfort and enables you to make important decisions about where you would like to stay while touring. It also allows you to investigate the sights and sounds of the area and take in the flora and fauna of the region.
In addition to car hire, a variety of accommodation options in Tasmania are available, including caravan parks, yurts, holiday home hire, campervan hire, or accommodation in a resort. There’s always a suitable accommodation option for you and your companions, whether you’re looking for a family-friendly lodge, a vacation cottage, or a luxury hotel.
Plan Your Trip Ahead Of Time
If you’ve never been to Tasmania before, it’s best to plan your trip before going there. There are some things that you need to know before booking your vacation to Tasmania:
- You’ll want to know what the best months are to get the most out of your trip. Australia’s summer season starting from December to February is considered the best time to visit Tasmania because of the comfortable temperature that makes outdoor activities easier to enjoy.
- You can make your travel plans by visiting online resources dedicated to Tasmania. These websites will give you information on what to expect during your tour, what to bring, and how to plan your trip from start to finish. They also include useful tips on how to get around the island. Many of these sites also offer recommendations on what to do and where to stay while on tour. Some sites offer forums where you can meet fellow travelers and exchange information about Tasmania hidden gem attractions and ideas for activities while you’re there.
Arrange For Guided Tours
There are several guided tours available in the region. You’ll be assured of a delightful holiday, whether you choose a self-catering or group tour. Most of the tours depart from Melbourne, although you can also arrange a cruise from Hobart. Here are some of the tours that you can expect to book in Tasmania:
- If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, you’ll be delighted with one of the many walking and hiking tours around the region. Guided bushwalking and horse-riding tours are also available.
- Take a nature walk to view the flora and fauna, take a drive to view the birds in flight, or hike the bush trails. With one of these tours, you can start and finish wherever you want, making it easy to explore as you wish. You can travel by foot to explore the natural environment of the area, or you can explore the historic sites and towns.
- Some of the best walking tracks will involve walking along the beaches. Hiking enthusiasts will also find several lakes, waterfalls, and caves to explore.
Explore Other Activities
There’s always something to do in Tasmania, no matter what type of adventurer you are. You can either choose to cruise out to see the sights or get outfitted for mountain hiking or beach kayaking. Some activities may involve overnight accommodation at one of the many resorts in Tasmania.
Kayaking is a great way to enjoy the ocean. You can hire equipment from local tour companies. Some companies offer equipment that’s approved for use in Australia, so you can enjoy a fun excursion even if you aren’t an experienced kayaker.
Apart from sightseeing, there are several other activities to enjoy while you’re on a holiday in Tasmania. There’s a wide range of sporting options available, including bungee jumping, fishing, swimming, golf, and tennis. Many people come to Tasmania just to enjoy these sporting activities.
Alternatively, you can enjoy a relaxing day going around the nearby island. If you’re in Tasmania for a family holiday, you may want to consider one of the day tours to explore the island. The beaches are family-friendly and some organizations offer to educate children in various sports and crafts.
Tasmania is a diverse and beautiful vacation destination. The island’s remote setting, unique wildlife and landscape, and clean, clear waters all contribute to make it an excellent holiday destination. With so many opportunities to explore, holidaymakers often look for a trip that offers the best chance to see the region they want to see. To truly enjoy this unique Australian destination, keep the abovementioned tips in mind and remember to have fun!