Site icon

Why You Should Always Use Non-Toxic Pest Treatments in Your Home

Homes need regular pest control treatment to prevent or eliminate ants, roaches, termites and other pests. But pest control chemicals can be harmful to humans, pets and the environment and may not provide good results. Fortunately, there are non-toxic pest treatments made of orange oil and other natural ingredients. Here are some of the reasons to choose non-toxic treatments instead of nasty, harsh chemicals.

Save the Environment

Pest control chemicals can be harmful to the ecosystem around your home. They’re designed to seep into the walls of your home, but they can seep into the ground around your home too, especially when you treat outside as well as inside your home. These chemicals can damage plants and hurt wildlife while building up in the soil as you treat the same areas repeatedly. You wouldn’t want to plant a garden near a home that uses chemical pest control.

Avoid Health Risks

Exterminators who use toxic chemicals often wear protective clothing as they treat your home and may even seal it to prevent the escape of chemicals that could cause cancer, nausea or skin irritation, but that isn’t necessary with non-toxic treatments. For example, a non-toxic termite treatment can get rid of wood-boring beetles, carpenter ants, and other damaging insects with no chemical suit required. A non-toxic termite control treatment doesn’t require tenting or several nights away from your home either.

Save Your Pets

Chemical pesticides can cause vomiting, breathing problems, fever and even seizures in pets. Additionally, pets have different allergies and tolerances than humans, so products that are believed to be safe for humans may not have been tested for use around cats, dogs, birds, and other household pets. Even worse, animals may sniff in treated corners or dig in treated areas of the yard, increasing their exposure to any chemicals you’ve used.

Get Better Results

Pests can become resistant to chemicals, but that doesn’t happen with natural products. Non-toxic products are less likely than chemicals to cause an insect resurgence in a few months because the pests have built up immunity, and bugs that survive chemical treatments can pass resistance to offspring. The only way to eliminate this concern is to stop treating with chemicals and try something else while resistant generations die off.

Non-toxic pest control is a safe and reliable way to get rid of insects inside and outside your home. If you’ve noticed roaches, ants, spiders, termites or other bugs, try purchasing a product containing natural orange oil or another natural pesticide to use instead of chemicals. Better yet, leave the job to non-toxic pest control professionals who can get rid of the bugs you see and those you don’t.

Exit mobile version