Few Easy Care Tips for Your Marble Kitchen Benchtops
Every individual has his own unique sense of taste and style. Many homemakers choose to have marble benchtops in their kitchens; and while this stone is definitely one of the most delicate and beautiful looking stones, having a marble kitchen benchtop does come with its set of guidelines and maintenance tips.8
If you have recently installed marble benchtops in your kitchen and you are looking for some care and maintenance tips, then these do’s and don’ts would be just what you are looking for.
Tips on How to Care for Your Marble Kitchen Benchtops
- Marble benchtops are pretty heat resistant, however, keep in mind that they are not heat proof. This means that you should keep all hot or boiling objects on a mat or coaster, and never put them directly on to the surface of the marble.
- For cleaning your marble kitchen benchtops, simply use a soft, damp cloth and wipe the surface of the counter every day. It is important to do this practice regularly, no matter if you are using your kitchen benchtop every day or not. A simple wipe down of your marble benchtop will keep it clean and shining and will make it look as good as new.
Photo by Corben Architects
- In case of any spills or stains, such as coffee stains, beetroot juice, wine, and other tough to treat spots, first, use a damp soft cloth to wipe down the stain. After this is done, the stain should reduce slightly, if not completely. In case the spot remains, you should opt to get the stain professionally cleaned and removed. This is simply because any kind of harsh chemicals or household bleaches will react with the marble and damage the surface permanently. It is important to treat your marble kitchen benchtops with utmost care, in order to avoid any kind of damage.
- You can use spirits such as acetone to clean the surface of your marble benchtop. Simply pour a little amount of acetone on a soft cloth and wipe down the particular area, or the entire surface area of the benchtop. Once you have done this, remember to wipe down the entire area with a dry cloth once again.
- You can apply a wax sealant on the surface of your marble kitchen benchtop once every year or half a year. This will protect the surface of your marble benchtop from all kinds of damaging factors in the kitchen such as spills and heat. However, keep in mind that this sealant does not protect your marble benchtop against acidity.
- As mentioned, never put any hot pans, pots or objects directly on to the surface of the marble benchtop. In the same way, do not put sharp objects such as knives and scissors which you use in the kitchen and neither uses your marble benchtop as a cutting board. Use an actual chopping board to chop up your fruits and vegetables, as any kind of scratch or crack on the surface of your marble benchtop will be extremely difficult to treat or fix.
The surface of marble is extremely porous, instantly making it a difficult kind of stone to take care of and maintain. Any kind of spills, stains, dust or dirt settles into the grainy, porous texture of the marble very easily. It also becomes extremely difficult to remove these stains and must be done only by a professional.
Caring for your marble kitchen benchtops does not have to be an overly difficult or overwhelming task. By following these simple cares for maintaining your marble kitchen benchtops.
Photo by Eastern Baltic
About the Writer
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosophers, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Facebook and on Twitter as @aussiesmag.
2013 © YourAmazingPlaces.com
Back to Top ↑