Barcelona is a Spanish city , capital of the autonomous community of Catalonia. It is the second most populous city in Spain after Madrid , and the eleventh in the European Union. Today, Barcelona is recognized as a global city for its cultural, financial, commercial and tourist importance. It has one of the most important ports in the Mediterranean and is also an important point of communications between Spain and France, due to connections by highway and high-speed rail .The Barcelona-El Prat Airport , located 15 km from the center of the city, was used by more than 50.1 million passengers in 2018
To many, Barcelona is known for its eccentric genius of Gaudí. The Güell park, the Sagrada Familia, the Casa Milà and the Casa Batlló are places to visit. If you travel to Barcelona, you may want to get tickets without queues or participate in a guided tour to make the most of your stay in the city.
Activities to do in Barcelona
In this article, we will show you some activities to do in Barcelona which you will find very fulfilling and fun.
- If you want more of Gaudí, venture beyond the typical places and visit Colonia Güell, where you will discover a modernist town designed by the brilliant architect. Barcelona is an ideal city for walking. In the Gothic Quarter and in El Born you can try tapas and exquisite wines.
- Visit The Poble Espanyol you will be able to know the traditional culture and craftsmanship among a hundred-year-old architectural diversity, of which replicas of emblematic Spanish buildings stand out. The views from Montjuïc are really spectacular.
- If you have time, you should not miss the collections of the Fran Daurel Museum, in which works by Picasso, Dalí, Miró, Tàpies and Barceló are exhibited.
- There are also plenty of excursions ideal for those days of excessive heat or those days when tourists cram the streets. Montserrat Monastery, an authentic eagles nest located 1,236 meters high, offers spectacular views, as well as an impressive religious heritage.
- In the Sierra, de Guara is the ancient town of Alquézar, famous for its crafts and gastronomic specialties. Sitges, on the other hand, offers the perfect combination of beach and modernism, as well as being a perfect destination for shopping and trying traditional sweets.
Going to Barcelona, whether for studies or for work, surely one of your main objectives is to improve your Spanish, one of the most spoken languages in the world and, therefore, a tool that can open endless doors for you in the labor and personal field. But the question is, where can you learn it if you have limited time and resources? A great option is to do one of the courses at Expanish, the best school to study Spanish in Barcelona. You can opt for an intensive course or one at night, in case you want to take advantage of the day to walk or work.