10 Tips for Effective Handling of a Motorhome
Due to their size, driving a motorhome is not like driving a normal car and you want to avoid accidents from happening. Here are some tips that you need to keep in mind when you take your motorhome out on a vacation.
- You should make a note of the wind warnings in your area. The motorhome has flat sides that will have to bear the brunt of the wind and as a result, crashes are quiet common. So keep this in mind.
- You should take care to choose good places as motorhome campgrounds. Even if the area is designated for motor homes, you need to make sure that the area is not being used by delinquents.
- You should carefully secure the motorhome before you go on a hike. You should fasten all the doors and windows and don’t forget any openings on the roof. If you are not careful, the motorhome won’t be there when you come back from your exploration.
- You can also opt for motorhome Travel trailers. These are motorhomes that need to be towed behind your truck. It won’t have an engine of its own, other than that, it is similar to a traditional motorhome.
- You need to take extra care if you are using parking lots in Mexico. You may need to establish a friendly relationship with the attendant if you want to avoid problems. A few extra dollars as tips can prevent much bigger problems.
- You need to verify that your insurance covers theft of your motorhome from a third party storage location. You will end up storing the motorhome at a third party storage location for a good part of the year.
- When you drive the motorhome on the freeway, take care to drive it on the lane next to the slow lane. This way you will be able to avoid the people getting off and on the freeway.
- A motorhome is much heavier than a car and as a result, the braking distance is also much larger. Keep this in mind when you maintain distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- You should shop around and select the best prices that are on offer. You can use the internet to enquire about the various modals available and the prices on offer. It’s easy to fall in love with a particular modal and end up spending a lot of money. So set a purchase budget above which you should not go.
- Make sure that you check out all the mechanical systems and make sure of its working before you take out the motorhome on a trip. You don’t need to get stranded in the middle of nowhere.
For more tips have a look at the website Campervan Finder, New Zealand’s largest motorhome hire operator.
2013 © YourAmazingPlaces.com
Back to Top ↑