Complete the Look of Your House with Concrete Driveways
The exterior of the house is equally important as the interiors. It is said a house deprived of an appropriate driveway, appears incomplete. Since the driveways affect a home’s attractiveness, landscape appeal and market value, consider selecting a driveway that serves all purposes. Homeowners have a range of materials to choose from which include gravel, asphalt and concrete. Amongst all these materials, concrete offers the best advantage and hence people tend to choose this material over others.
A concrete driveway is known for its functionality, versatility and durability, making it a great material for your driveway. Explained below are some of the significant benefits that a concrete driveway offers:
Photo by D-CRAIN Design and Construction – More modern landscape ideas
- If a concrete pouring company / contractor properly installs the driveway and hardens it completely, it becomes very durable and can last long. Moreover, the concrete driveways can be molded into different shapes to match the surrounding and the external décor of the property. Concrete pouring contractors can make your concrete driveway look like a driveway made up of stones, tiles, or other shapes. Concrete can also be tinted with diverse colors to enhance its toughness but without its typical look.
- A concrete driveway requires little care and maintenance in order to maintain its overall look. In maximum cases common blemishes and stains can be removed simply by using warm water and soap, while for the harder blemishes, brushing with a dry granular cleaner can help in getting rid of the stains. Moreover, clearing off snow during the winter months is not a problem in a solid surface like concrete. In order to get back the lost sheen and gloss, buffing may be required.
Photo by Creative Concrete Inc. – Look for traditional landscape design inspiration
- Now days, concrete driveways are not just limited to flat slab appearances and slate gray shades. One can get a concrete patio painted easily in any color to enhance the overall look of the house. In addition to this, one can polish and texture concrete to get better design suppleness.
- Since concrete driveway is essentially a non-skid surface, this offers maximum safety so parents do not need to worry about the children playing on the driveways.
- A concrete driveway is known for its affordability unlike other materials, lowering the initial installation costs. Since it needs little or no upkeep, it offers substantial savings over a period of time as well.
- Concrete is an environment friendly material. A driveway of concrete can be made-up using several biodegradable materials; thus reducing the requirement of raw materials. Concrete can reflect light, which might aid with decreasing the need for so many external night lights. Moreover, light colored concrete can help to decrease the UHI or urban heat island. In addition, at the end of its duration, the driveway can be reused as concrete aggregate or granular fill.
Photo by Terrain – Browse Mediterranean landscape photos
Concrete is usually made up of rock, sand, water and cement. A concrete drive or pathway, if laid properly, has the prospective to last up to more than thirty years if maintained in the right way. This surface material is also highly tough and can be fitted in both harsh and mild climatic regions without the need to worry that it might get worse in the short-term.
Photo by Techo-Bloc – Discover traditional landscape design ideas
New concrete driveways are, without a doubt, among the best property investments that is equally suggested by contractors, homebuilders, and landscapers.
Photo by Strata Landscape Architecture – Browse tropical landscape ideas
Driveways are necessary as they draw attention to the premises and surroundings. Thus, it can be concluded by stating that one should choose concrete driveways in order to complete the look of your house.
2013 © YourAmazingPlaces.com
Back to Top ↑