Enjoy The Charming Fusion Of History And Nature At Malta
The eclectic furniture, the stunning beaches and the immensely fascinating history of Malta makes for an irresistible temptation for tourists. Yet for many it would have remained a dream to be sacrificed at the financial alter, but for the availability of packages offering cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta.
Malta as a tourist destination
This archipelago situated in the Mediterranean Sea is a comprehensive package of natural, architectural and historic wonders. With its prevalent comfortably warm climate, it is one of the most sought after destination for vacationing. All of the Maltese islands offer great opportunities for exploring and admiring at places which are as yet untouched by man-made activities like views of:
- Lush green plants interspaced by flowers of every hue and colour making the landscape look like an artist’s canvas,
- Dramatic cliffs seemingly plunging into straight into the Mediterranean Sea,
- Hidden valleys, mysterious sites dating way back in history, secluded medieval chapels and even palaces belonging to knights concealed among the mountains and the greenery.
Malta is steeped in history and has been a part of most historical occurrences since the prehistoric times. Hence it has an awesome collection of monuments both underground and over the ground which give tourists a glimpse into a world which is both mysterious and alluring. In fact Malta is home to the three UNESCO world heritage sites of:
- Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni, located in Paola and originally built as a sanctuary but later converted into a necropolis during the prehistoric period. It is currently the only underground temple belonging to this era which is known to man.
- Valetta which contains buildings built from 16th century onwards and
- The seven Megalithic temples built between 3600BC and 700BC.
No island tour is complete without taking advantage of the lapping waves and sandy beaches. Fun filled beach activities which can be enjoyed include:
- Swimming, sunbathing and lazing around the beaches of Malta and Gozo,
- Enjoying water sports like windsurfing, jet skiing, sea-kayaking, wakeboarding, paragliding etc.,
- Diving to seek and enjoy the company of several unusual inhabitants residing underwater in the niches and crevices of the numerous sunken wrecks found off the clear waters of Malta,
- Sailing, yachting and snorkelling etc.
The cultural heritage of Malta has been beautifully captured by the National museum of fine arts which houses some of the best known works since Renaissance. The Grand Masters’ Palace, the St. James Centre for creativity, the Sacra Infermeria are some other places which showcase the rich heritage of Malta.
Advantages of cheap all inclusive packages
Cheap all-inclusive packages, in general, offer three main advantages like:
- The luxury of being able to holiday in places previously thought of as expensive propositions.
- Enable people to visit a location of choice within a specified budget,
- Coming along with a host of inclusive activities like water sports, trekking, and fishing etc. at no extra cost.
This is especially true for Malta wherein there is so much to see that it is difficult to plan and budget it separately. Hence cheap all inclusive holiday to Malta packages ensure that tourists get to see all the relevant places and enjoy most of the activities on offer within a limited budget.
2013 © YourAmazingPlaces.com
Back to Top ↑